Treacherous Obliviates


Monday 6 October 2014

To Give A Part Of Yourself...

Woahhh. I didn't realize just how long I've stopped blogging! I think I started this blog sometime in 2013? In January if I'm not mistaken. Hmm so yeah. Writing is sort of like a therapy for me. It takes my mind of things. It all started with this website. I'm not sure if you've ever heard of it. "fanfiction.net"? You haven't?! Oh come on you've got to be kidding me! Haha. Okay here's the thing.

It's a wonderful website where 'fanfiction' writers post and share their amazing masterpieces! Anyone can be a fanfiction writer =) You just have to make an account (and it's free by the way) which will enable you to post your stories.The best thing about this website is the fact that it's meant to be for fans of various TV shows, movies or books etc to utilize their creativity and imagination and finally turn them into beautifully written stories. Well if I could talk about this, I'm afraid I might not be able to stop. But yeah I love this website. I was always amazed by how some stories on this archive are so good. If you've read a story on the website and kind of fell in love with it, you can subscribe and follow the story and they'll update you when the next chapter is posted by the writer of that particular story. And for the record, I am only reading stories on Pretty Little Liars fanfics at the moment cause I'm insanely obsessed with the show haha. What??? You don't know what PLL is?! Okay, you've got to be kidding me. OMG PLL IS- Okay I'm gonna stop right there cause once again, I'm afraid I might not be able to stop, given the degree of my obsession with this show is infinite. So, I will just talk about this later.

So okay back to right now, after reading some of the very well written stories on that site, I was in awe. Like I still remember how amazed I was after reading those fanfictions. Most of it were fanfictions on High School Musical (I hate to break it to you and never would I ever admit this to anyone in a million years; I was so obsessed with HSM back then, SO OBSESSED that I have no idea why I have no idea of why I was so obsessed with it, though I couldn't fathom the reason, I might just have one answer though: Zac Efron).

I was so amazed. I was so impressed. How did they write these stories? I mean how did that particular writer made me cry by just reading this particular paragraph? And the other totally had me so angry at a character in the story just by the mixed emotions worth of a description he wrote? How did he describe the way a person is looking into another person's eyes so beautifully? That was when I realized it. They played with 'words'.

The right 'words' can be inspiring. The right 'words' can be debilitating. The right 'words' can make you smile... or cry. Words can play with one's emotions in ways you could never imagine. Therefore it is highly auspicious that we know what 'words' to use. And I'm saying this in the sense of how they are usually conveyed through a spectrum of communications . The choice of words we use. The way we put them all together, the way we fabricate and embellish our inner thoughts and finally turn them into verbal or indirect articulation. They are much more important than you thought.

Why? Well, it's simple. Words can mend. But words... can also slice.

Okay so I guess I had jumped right into the 'feels' ocean over there. Haha. The ship has deviated from its original course. Cause the point of it was to tell you why I fell in love with writing. Lol. So moving on, yeah.

I was intrigued by it. I fell in love with the art of writing. The essence of literature enshrined within a piece of paper which was initially nothing but blank. And alas, it turned into something. But the words. The words had somehow make that blank page of paper so precious. Because the art behind it is precious. Valuable. The efforts put behind an amazing piece of writing, the amount of courage and determination it took for the writer to play with their creativity until a rather satisfying level of perfection is accomplished.

I felt it. This strange sense of proximity. Some sort of a connection. I couldn't decipher the sensation at first. But then I found the answers...

To write something is to give a part of yourself to others. To write something is to express things that you can't always verbally express.

And it's gratifying...


No comments:

Post a Comment