Treacherous Obliviates


Monday 14 January 2013

Infirmity Indeed


    I shut my eyes and held back the tears that were threatening to fall. But my emotions betrayed me and the fresh hot tears cascaded down my face, and as quickly as it came I wiped them away. Maybe we will never see those days again. Especially the ones that are fond to our hearts and have their own meanings written all over it, that maybe no one could actually find them important except ourselves. The days in when at one point, somehow, we silently wished if only time would stop so that the smile that was plastered on our lips at that very moment would never leave our face for a very long time. Even so, memories live, in so many ways. Despite all the temptations that are begging us to believe in fairy tales of which all the ones upon a time would magically ends with a happy ever after, reality will always confide. Sometimes we wish that fairy tales are for real. But have we thought about life itself is indeed a blissful fairytale? Only that we didn't know how it would end. When and how the life would be taken away by Him. We never know. And as we grow old, death draws nearer. It is imminent. No one can escape death.   

"Memories are too important .I have to write them down. If not, I would forget them.”  That was what Stefan Salvatore said to Elena Gilbert when he went to return an emerald diary with a carved ‘E’ that belonged to Elena which she accidentally left at the Mystic Falls cemetery the day before. When Elena asked him of why he never bothered to read the diary like anyone else might do, Stefan just smiled and told her that he himself keeps a diary and wouldn’t want anyone to read his.



The moment I was all hooked to The Vampire Diaries show, I have always liked the idea of keeping a diary. Not that I’ve never written in diaries before, it’s just that I have never really written diaries that are fully complete. You know, the ones that have everything written for the whole year archives. I actually never really bothered to and maybe didn’t really had the time to. But when I turned 17, and it was the final year of school, I decided that it might be auspicious for me to write about all the things that will happen throughout the remaining days. Like I need to write everything that happens everyday. As if, if I don’t write them, I would forget them. Inspired by Stefan, I bought myself a diary and bought one just like his and wrote in it every day and found myself addicted to it.

Maybe, everyone should keep one. You might want to write about the events that happen in your life. It need not to be about everything, you might just want to write down regarding the ones that are really important to you. Anything. Believe me, sometimes we do remember the most important memories and it each time we recall them it can be as fresh as when it happened. But why not add some magic into it? The moment you are writing about a shred of memory, there is this powerful force within you, much like enthusiasm, that is really connected to the way you are feeling about that one incident, tugging at your heart to express your innermost concern or thoughts regarding it. 

It didn’t possibly has to be a diary. In this overwhelming world of escalating technology, you could always welcome the wonders of the computers and the inter networks depending on creativity. You can write in the computer and only keep them to yourself. Or you can write in a blog of your own and share your stories with others. Sometimes, the challenges and circumstances that you went through have never been endured by others. It could be joy either can it be pain. You might want to share them with the world and let it be heard. Who knows, with your stories, you could inspire someone. Who knows, with what you write, perhaps you could even fix a broken relationship. Who knows, you could change a person for the better.

I will stop dancing my fingers around the keyboard for now. Be sure to check out my blog archives soon, but of course it would be updated from time to time. Do link the blog with yours. It would be greatly appreciated ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment